Department of Hydrology and River Works
The Department of Hydrology and River Works (DHRW) was established in 1999 and is under umbrella of Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology.
- To prepare plan on installation of hydrological stations on the main streams to serve water resources development.
- To prepare short, medium and long-term strategic plans on protection of erosion, sedimentation and river banks.
- To research and monitor surface and ground water regimes by managing installed hydrological stations and collating data to serve various water related sectors.
- To implement and monitoring of water level, water discharge and sediment in the river basins system.
- To implement water quality monitoring at the main hydrological stations.
- To study and research on hydrological phenomena, models, computations, surface and ground water potentials.
- To manage and exchange the hydrological information; to issue forecasts and early warnings of possible flood and drought for having appropriate measures of mitigation in time.
- To establish geographical information system (GIS) in relevant to all river basin features, hydrological networks and locations of water resources development infrastructures and so on.
DHRW Organizational Chart